If you want to establish an accounts receivable balance in CarePortal for those insurance carriers where their original invoice had been previously created and sent to insurance carrier; please perform the following steps:
1) admit the patient with their actual admit date
2) create a plan of treatment for each patient and update the clinical tracking info to reflect current status of POT
3) assign the payer/policy to the patient with the admit date as the payer effective date
4) enter one service journal for each patient per billing period and in the ADD'L INFO area, enter the billing rate as the patient's current accts receivable balance and the alternate billing rate basis should be set to 'visit'
5) then simply follow your standard billing process and select the billing date range you need